Erectile dysfunction (ED), which is a kind of impotency, has known to disrupt the relationships of many men worldwide. Some are not aware that there are treatment options available in the form of the drug, while others do not know the right approach to take. Most men just feel embarrassed to admit that they have a problem getting an erection and are even more reluctant to visit the general practitioner for a consultation. However, taking this important step will actually help in overcoming the ED problem easily.
The top three prescription ED drugs Viagra, Cialis, and Levitra are proven treatments for this condition. Taking any of these will definitely help to tackle erection problems efficiently. Of late, Levitra has become the preferred drug as it is highly potent and is known to work even if the other two ED drugs do not produce the expected results.
In fact, taking Levitra can help patch up any relationship problems you may experience because of ED. The drug will also enable you to enjoy a healthy sex life without any other concerns. Read on to see how the drug works, which in turn improves your personal life vastly.
How Levitra works to improve your personal life
Levitra, availed with a prescription, is taken orally to treat ED. While Levitra may be lesser known than Viagra and Cialis, it is used just as widely. The drug contains the active ingredient Vardenafil and belongs to a class of medications known as PDE5 inhibitors. Taking Vardenafil helps to widen the blood vessels to improve the rush of blood to the penis during sexual arousal, which in turn helps in getting a strong erection. For someone with impotency, this aspect is very important in helping to resolve the problem.
What are the things to know while consuming Levitra to enjoy the full effect of the drug?
- While getting prescribed to take Levitra, the patient should disclose to the doctor if there are any existing health problems or any allergies to the ingredients of the drug.
- One should also intimate the health care provider regarding taking any other drugs that may be prescription, over-the-counter, herbal capsules, or even vitamin supplements. The common interaction that is best avoided is taking nitrates and any other drug related to heart diseases.
- The best time to take Levitra is about an hour before engaging in sexual activity.
- The drug is usually effective for about five to six hours. The food you take does not affect the efficacy of this ED medication.
- The initial dose of Levitra is 5 mg, which may be titrated until the most effective dose is found. However, one should never take more than one dose in a day.
What can be the side effects of the drug?
Levitra may be safely taken without experiencing any side effects. However, this varies from one person to another and some may experience problems like changes in vision, erection lasting for more than four hours, painful erection, and low blood pressure. The drug is recommended for use in men only. When taken right, this is a medication that can definitely improve sexual relations with one’s partner.